Saturday, September 17, 2005

 

"I cant watch it." Americans turn a blind eye.

"...Take a look at you and me, are we too blind to see, or do we simply turn our heads and look the other way..."
In the Ghetto
Elvis Presley

I hope and pray that Americans will find the conscience and the courage to continue to focus on this tragedy in the Gulf Coast region. Please don't let us turn away from boredom or powerlessness or an inability to watch the horrible suffering and destruction of the area. I am not usually into gore or horror, and I am not into it now but I believe it is very important for us to see, to really see what has happened their and what is still happening. It is important that we stay keenly aware of the circumstances. Please don't turn away, don't go shopping or whatever else you do (I do) just focus on this issue because it is extremely important. It is not only important because we need to help those affected by it, or to reunite the missing children with their families, or worse, the bodies of Americans who lost their lives with their loved ones...it is important that we stay awake and aware to the decisions being made in that area because they will affect us all. So, my fellow Americans I ask you to please continue to tune in to this tragic story though it is difficult it is necessary that we grow up and SEE the reality around us. And, please consider writing to the media to thank them for their continued dedication to this issue.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?