Saturday, September 17, 2005

 

I no longer trust my Government to protect me.

It's official. I have suspected it for quite some time. In fact, for the last four years I have doubted that this administration, the team whose mantra was "we are the only ones who can keep you safe anytime, anywhere, from anything" would be able to keep me safe and now I know it for sure. Hurricane Katrina, a disaster which came with a warning (many warnings in fact, depending on when you start counting) illustrated the incompetence and malfeasance of this administration. I watched them drop food, water and pamphlets half way around the world when it was beneficial to their interests, their agenda. How could it take them more than four days to find New Orleans? It didn't. They didn't care. That was obvious. I was in more distress about the situation than Bush and his people were. How pathetic is that? No, now I know if something happens I am on my own. I am not yet in the right tax bracket for emergency assistance. Bush and this administration would let my mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, sister, brother, spouse, lover even my babies would die on the street before they would lift a finger to help. It's all crystal clear to me now.

Comments:
This is a great blog. I'll come here often. You are right on target!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?