Thursday, September 29, 2005

 

The news coverage of Katrina touched the hearts

of Americans. Last night on Countdown with Keith Olbermann (MSNBC) I heard the 2nd cousin of a woman who was at the Superdome after Katrina hit say that. She was the woman at the Superdome whose child was "not waking up very easily" we all saw the clip of her on TV during the Katrina catastrophe. I think her name was LeeAnn and she said on camera during the clip something to the effect of, "this is not about rich people or poor people or race this is about PEOPLE. " The call to humanity resonated with me and with other Americans too. Many Americans heard her, really heard her but even before that we saw with our own eyes the lack of humanity that was there for nigh on five days or more while Brownie lied to Americans about the help that was on the way and while Chertoff DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR 36 HOURS! I still find that CRIMINAL, IMMORAL, and EVIL! I will say this, I am so grateful for the media coverage of Katrina. Journalists, camera crews, photographers...thank you for what you did, for being there, for showing us what we needed to know whether we wanted to see it or not. Thank you for your service. I will NEVER forget Katrina...will you?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?