Friday, September 16, 2005

 

A Representative Government ? Really?

Recently I sent a letter to my "Representative" in Congress, John Culberson. Just between you and I Mr. Culberson has long since ceased to represent me choosing instead to represent big business, corporate greed and religious extremists. The same goes for my two Senators from Texas, Mr. Cornyn and Ms. Hutchison. For quite some time now I have been trying to inform them of the issues which are important to me. I write them and I get these curt form letters back that don't even address my initial purpose of writing them. So after this goes on for awhile, I begin to ask myself, what happens to my American Government when my "Representatives" no longer represent me?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?